Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Times Square, June 2006


This is a sort of "reverse shadow," a reflection from the windows in the Reuters Building on an advertisement across the street.

I work in Times Square, and walking the one block past the Reuters Building, from the subway to 43rd Street, is easily the most personally challenging part of my daily grind. Just so many damn PEOPLE! And everyone's moving so SLOWLY! So many TOURISTS and BABY STROLLERS and people with cameras looking UP!

I tend to walk fast. I never really have a reason. It's not like I'm late.

So whenever I get behind a crowd ogling the neon lights in Times Square and blocking my way, I try to remind myself to take a deep breath and remember that I'm in no rush.

Besides, as you can see, occasionally it's ME that's looking up.

No comments: